As there is very little heat transferred; distortion, metal inclusion and other high temperature related problems are minimised. Thermal Arc Spraying is a versatile and cost effective process providing corrosion protection to ferrous metals or changes to the surface properties of the sprayed items, such as improving wear resistance or thermal conductivity.
Thermal Arc Spray
Thermal arc spraying, Also commonly known as metal spraying or cold spraying, is a surface engineering / coating process where a wide range of metals and ceramics can be sprayed onto the surface of another material without flame and very little heat. This means that large items can be built up with even, dense and uniform coatings to virtually any thickness.
Various types of coating processes
The advantages offered by the arc spray system are:
- Lower operating cost
- Stable low and high deposition rates
- Reduce substrate heating
- Superior coating reproducibility
- Higher density coatings through higher velocity
- Significantly improved bond strengths
- Thicker coating and more easily finished coating than can be obtained by other metallizing methods